Competition published on July 31, 2015.
Every week, when I open up a newspaper or women’s magazine there’s a new bit of health information that puts a spanner in the works of what I had previously thought was the right way to be healthy. So here is my ethos.
- I believe that having a better understanding of nutrition is not just about making your body healthier, it can also make you a better cook.
- I want this book to teach you that it’s good to love food in all its guises and that sometimes your body needs to be fed what it’s craving.
- I want people who are reading this book to try new things and push themselves into new areas of food, be it going to your local Asian supermarket or having a go at cooking with a new ingredient or gadget.
- I want to start a new food revolution; one where people have a better understanding of nutrition but don’t forget that eating should be enjoyable!’
So writes latest celebrity chef Gizzi Erskine and it’s the kind of straight-talking that has won her legions of followers for her TV shows, online presence and quirky food events. It will certainly make foodies want to read her new book Gizzi’s Healthy Appetite, a collection of over 100 of her favourite recipes, all with a Gizzi twist.
Gizzi is not your average TV chef it should be said, because Gizzi Erskine was a professional body piercer in Camden before realising her life-long dream of working in the food industry. She’s also big into music even doing a spot of DJing at her legendary food events which feature live music and DJs, burlesque and Go Go dancers, including Gizzi. She is big on the music festival circuit, too, having curated, cooked and ran kitchens at Lattitude, Bestival, Wilderness, and Feastival.
Meet Gizzi up close and personal at the inaugural Cookbook Confidential Food & Drink Festival http://www.cookbookconfidential.co.uk/ and get your copy of Gizzi’s Healthy Appetite signed. You might even get a piercing appointment as an added bonus.
Bert Wright, Editor – The Nudge List
Gizzi Erskine (c) The Gaztronome
Gizzi’s Healthy Appetite by Gizzi Erskine is published by Mitchell Beazley in hardback on 6th August
Thai Roast Duck and Watermelon Salad recipeWe have 3 copies of the book to give away!
For your chance to win, simply fill in the form below:
The Competition is closed.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is August 31, 2015, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
The Life of Saul Bellow: To Fame and Fortune 1915-1964 by Zachary Leader
Walking the Woods and the Water by Nick Hunt
You may also like
Looking to brush up your writing style? Try taking some advice from the master.
I recently read a review book, Modern Death by Haider Warraich. Within it’s pages, mention ......