Article published on December 21, 2015.
- Who gets a new sentry box for Christmas?
a) Uncle Toby in Tristram Shandy
- Who makes “violent love” to a Jane Austen heroine late on Christmas Eve?
c) Mr Elton
- Who is banished to the attic on Christmas Day?
- Who sets sail on Christmas Day?
b) Ishmael in Moby-Dick
- Who dreads the call for pork pie on Christmas Day?
a) Pip in Great Expectations
- Who shoots a man at a Christmas Eve party?
b) William Boldwood in Far from the Madding Crowd
- In which of these does someone tell an eerie story on Christmas Eve?
c) The Turn of the Screw
- Which play begins with the delivery of a Christmas tree?
c) Ibsen’s A Doll’s House
- Which work describes a Christmas party where a husband finds out that his wife loved another man?
a) “The Dead” by James Joyce
- Who beheads a man at a New Year’s Eve party?
b) Sir Gawain in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
HMR: Lost Souls and The Resurrectionists by Michael Collins
Last Bus to Coffeeville by J Paul Henderson
You may also like
I suspect I’m not alone in associating Switzerland with cuckoo clocks, chocolate and small knives, ......
Alexandra Masters meets the author whose debut novel won the 2011 Orange Prize for Fiction, ......