Article published on December 15, 2015.
OK, we’ve taken the training wheels off – only one multiple choice in this round.
- Which Italian novel for children has been adapted in over 240 languages
- In a famous novel, who has a mother called Duchess
- Which book is the first in the series and followed by Petals on the Wind
- The Curse of Capistrano, a 1919 story by Johnston McCulley is the first work to feature which
- Jeffery Archer was made a life peer in 1992 as Baron Archer of which seaside town
- Who was the rector of Eversley, Hampshire from 1847 to 1875
- Which book had to be owned by every member of his country’s adult population?
- In literature which 1719 book was gained wide acceptance as ‘the first English novel’
- What do all the following writers have in common Hans Christian Anderson, John Irving,
Agatha Christie, W B Yeats and Terry Goodkind
- Which word did Sheikh Din Muhammad, the first Indian to publish a book in English, introduce
to the English language?
Gosport Reading Groups Christmas Quiz 1 – Christmas classics
Gosport Reading Groups Christmas Quiz 3 – A bit of Maths!
You may also like
A biographical travelogue starring Mary Wollstonecraft (and the book's author Bee Rowlatt and her baby son, Will). If yo...