Competition published on February 10, 2017.
Inspired by timeless love poems from around the world, Hassan Massoudy’s calligraphy takes us on a visual journey through love in its many forms.
Through his signature broad strokes and vibrant colours, this master calligrapher brings to life the words and wisdom of some of our greatest poets, from Ibn Zaydoun and Rumi to Kahlil Gibran, John Keats and Paul Éluard.
Beautifully designed and illustrated throughout, Calligraphies of Love is the perfect gift for lovers, poets and dreamers.
We have a copy of Calligraphies of Love to give away – for your chance to win simply fill in the form below:
The Competition is closed.
Celebrated French-Iraqi artist Hassan Massoudy has exhibited internationally and has works included in the permanent collection at the British Museum.
This collection features over 100 proverbs and love poems from around the world and over 100 colour and black and white illustrations.
About the author
Hassan Massoudy was born in Iraq. He moved to France in 1969, where he studied at L’École des Beaux-Arts and has lived since. His work has been exhibited throughout Europe and the Middle East, and is in the permanent collections of the British Museum and the Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts, among others.
Find out more: www.massoudy.net
Calligraphies of Love by Hassan Massoudy, published on 13 February, 2017 by Saqi Books in paperback
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is March 10, 2017, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, Studio 20, Glove Factory Studios, Brook Lane, Holt, Wilts, BA14 6RL, UK after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is Studio 20, Glove Factory Studios, Brook Lane, Holt, Wilts, BA14 6RL, UK.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
Got the travel bug? Then Stanford, Edward Stanford’s the name you want – and we have it covered!
Revolutionary Ride: On the Road in Search of the Real Iran by Lois Pryce
You may also like
AIDS was supposed to be the next pandemic, A disease that would take out 1 ...
For lovers of MadMen here is the inspiration. This book is a memoir by one of the Mad Men gods. An unedited piece of ...