Competition published on February 10, 2017.
Can you define your life by a single song?
Adam Sharp can. And it’s ‘You’re Going to Lose that Girl’…
A former pianist in a hip Melbourne bar, now a respectable IT consultant in Norwich, Adam is about to turn fifty. He likes his life; he’s devoted to his local pub-quiz and has a stable relationship with his partner, Claire. Life may not be rock’n’roll, but he’s ticking along.
But there’s something Adam can’t shake, something that feels off-key. And that’s his nostalgia for what might have been: a longing for the life he might have had. He had an affair – more than twenty years ago, on the other side of the world – with Angelina Brown, a sharp, sexy, intelligent and strong-willed actress. She taught him what it meant to find – and then lose – love. How different might his life be if he hadn’t let her walk away?
Then, out of nowhere, Angelina gets in touch. Adam must make a decision. Does he dare to live dangerously? Will he embrace uncertainty? Or will he let her go again?
Music is such a crucial part of Graeme’s novel he has created a playlist for The Best of Adam Sharp on Spotify that you can listen to as you read!
Log in to Spotify to listen for free.
We have 5 signed copies of the book up for grabs! For your chance to win simply fill in the form below:
The Competition is closed.
About the author
Graeme Simsion is a full-time writer. His first novel, The Rosie Project, won the Australian Book Industry Association Book of the Year for 2014. In the UK, it was voted the most popular Richard and Judy Book Club title for the Spring 2014 campaign, and spent over two and a half months in the Sunday Times bestseller lists. Rights have been sold in forty-two countries and both The Rosie Project and the sequel, The Rosie Effect, are now bestselling novels worldwide. Graeme lives in Australia with his wife Anne, a professor of psychiatry and also a published author, and their two children.
Find Graeme on Twitter @GraemeSimsion
The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion, published on 9 February, 2017 by Michael Joseph in hardback
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is March 10, 2017, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
Shtum by Jem Lester + Author meets Reviewers
How Not to Fall in Love, Actually by Catherine Bennetto
You may also like
An example of fabulous story-telling in which the author creates a thrilling new world....