Competition published on March 10, 2017.
All Ellie Morgan wants is to be with her one true love, Henry. But she’s caught in the middle of a battle as old as Snowdon itself. A battle between good and evil.
A witch’s spell, cast high on the mountain, has sped up time and made matters much worse. The dragons are awake; mythical creatures and evil ghosts have risen. And nearly all of them want Ellie dead.
Thank heavens for loyal friend George, (disloyal) bestie Rhi, and mysterious stranger, Davey. Armed with Granny Jones’s potions, Ellie and her companions must set out on a journey to reverse the spell, stop the evil White Dragon and find Henry.
As an eternal winter tightens its grip on Snowdon, Ellie and her friends have just three days to survive and complete their quest.
Set in the Welsh mountains and steeped in their mythological history, Here be Witches follows the adventures of Ellie, a modern teenager raised on the slopes of Snowdon. Embroiled in an ancient battle between good and evil, Ellie and her companions set out on a perilous quest to reverse a witches’ curse that has awoken the legendary dragons of Wales and other frightening monsters of Welsh mythology, and save Ellie’s one true love, Henry.
Here Be Witches is the second book in Sarah Mussi’s Snowdonia Chronicles trilogy, following Here Be Dragons.
Sarah says, “Since I was a child I’ve loved the mountains of North Wales. For me there is no setting so utterly magical and wild as the slops of Snowdon.”
We have 3 copies of Here Be Witches to give away – for your chance to win simply fill in the form below:
The Competition is closed.
About the author
Sarah Mussi is a teacher, reading consultant and the multi-award winning author of eleven books, including The Door of No Return, which won the Glen Dimplex Children’s Book Award and Riot, which won The Lancashire Schools Award. She is the current chair of Children’s Writers and Illustrators in South London and when she’s not teaching, she splits her time between writing, visiting schools as an author and promoting creative writing for children.
Follow Sarah on Twitter @sarahmussi
In Here Be Dragons, the archetypal damsel in distress becomes a feisty heroine; Saint George is relegated to a supporting role and the red dragon is not quite all he appears to be…The first book in the trilogy tells the story of sixteen-year old Ellie who lives in a remote farmhouse on Mount Snowdon. While out with the Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team, she spots a boy, standing alone, high up on the Llanberis pass, with something ‘forbidding’ in his demeanour. Ellie is compelled by him and, as they become acquainted, she discovers secrets that have been hidden under the mountain for centuries.
Here Be Witches by Sarah Mussi, published on 1 March, 2017 by Shrine Bell (an imprint of Vertebrate Publishing), in paperback
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is April 7, 2017, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
You may also like
Published today, Multiversum is a captivating tale of first love between two teenagers who are ......
The Arthur C. Clarke Award is the most prestigious award for science fiction in Britain. ......
Set in medieval Japan the story begins when the lord of Kumayama is killed and ...