Competition published on March 10, 2017.
The explosive, rich and darkly addictive conclusion to the internationally best-selling trilogy that began with The Sin-Eater’s Daughter…
The final battle is coming…
As the Sleeping Prince tightens his hold on Lormere and Tregellan, the net closes in on the ragged band of rebels trying desperately to defeat him. Twylla and Errin are separated, isolated and running out of time. The final battle is coming and Aurek will stop at nothing to keep the throne forever…
You might assume most writers lead dreamy lives where their stories flow fully-formed from brain to screen but Melinda Salisbury had a startling confession to make to us for our ‘I’m a Writer…’ series on nudge recently…
Writing a first draft feels like my mind slowing leaking onto a page via my fingers, word by painful word. It doesn’t matter how well I’ve planned each scene and chapter, or how many hours I’ve spent imagining it, and blocking it, or how many questionnaires I’ve filled out online from my character’s point of view. In fact, I’d rather stand up and act out the entire book as a one-woman show and have someone else write it down if it would save me from the agony of the first draft.
Read ‘I’m a Writer…and I hate writing!’ in full here.
We have a copy of each book in the trilogy to give away to one lucky winner – to be in with a chance simply fill in the form below:
Praise for The Sin Eater’s Daughter and The Sleeping Prince
This is a deliciously dark, high-concept fantasy with lavish world-building, a magnificently wicked queen, a steamy love triangle and a terrific twist in the tale. It’s very moreish; I read it in two breathless sittings. (Fiona Noble, The Bookseller)
A gripping and darkly imaginative YA fantasy. (Katherine Woodfine, author)
Deliciously dark with shocker twists. (Kate Ormond, author and blogger)
Through Twylla’s deliberate, present-tense narration, Salisbury weaves a complex tale of romance, religion, fairy tales and politics. (Kirkus Reviews)
About the author
When not working on her next novel Melinda Salisbury is busy reading and travelling, both of which are now more addictions than hobbies. She lives by the sea, somewhere in the south of England. The Sin Eater’s Daughter was the bestselling YA debut of 2015 and was shortlisted for the Waterstones Book Prize 2015.
Join the conversation#TheScarecrowQueen
The Scarecrow Queen by Melinda Salisbury, published on 2 March, 2017 by Scholastic, in paperback
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is April 7, 2017, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
You may also like
Shortlisted for the BookGeek Book of the Year 2015, you can win a copy of ...
Whilst targeted primarily at children, The Comic Strip Book of Dinosaurs is an incredibly fun and rather nostalgic read ...