Competition published on April 7, 2017.
Charlie meets everyone – but only once.
You might meet him in a hospital, in a warzone, or at the scene of traffic accident.
Then again, you might meet him at the North Pole – he gets everywhere, our Charlie.
Would you shake him by the hand, take the gift he offers, or would you pay no attention to the words he says?
Sometimes he is sent as a courtesy, sometimes as a warning. He never knows which.
We have 3 copies of The End of the Day by Claire North to give away – for your chance to win, simply fill in the form below:
The Competition is closed.
Claire North is also the author of The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August, which was favourably reviewed right here on nudge with Kirsty Hewitt calling it ‘engaging from the outset’ when it came out in 2014 and went on to be shortlisted for the Arthur C. Clarke Award in 2015. nudge List editor Bert Wright declared himself impressed by Claire’s ‘creative genius’ when we featured The Sudden Appearance of Hope and we think she could be forgiven an identity crisis as she also writes as Kate Griffin and Catherine Webb. If mind-bending fiction is your thing we think this prolific lady can deliver.
About the author
Claire North is a pseudonym for British author Catherine Webb. The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August was her first novel published under the Claire North name, and was one of the fastest-selling new SFF titles of the last ten years. It was selected for the Richard and Judy Book Club, the Radio 2 Book Club and the Waterstones Book Club promotions. Her next novel Touch was published in 2015 to widespread critical acclaim and was described by the Independent as ‘little short of a masterpiece’. Catherine is a fan of big cities, urban magic, Thai food and graffiti-spotting. She lives in London.
The End of the Day by Claire North, published by Orbit on 6 April, 2017, in hardback
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is May 5, 2017, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.