Competition published on June 1, 2017.
No child should have to live through a war.
No child should have to see what Alex has seen.
He’s locked it all away in a secret place but, one day, the ticking time bomb in his mind has to detonate.
Alex’s family want to help, but they have other problems.
Only Alex’s beloved grandfather can answer his questions about family secrets.
But Grandad is scarred by a war of his own – and his memories are fading fast as the effects of Alzheimer’s grip him.
Time is running out for Alex.
Only by unlocking the terrors of the memory cage for both of them, can he hope to escape the nightmares.
Shrine Bell, the new fiction imprint of award-winning publisher Vertebrate Publishing, will release new paperback editions of all four children’s titles by award-winning author Ruth Eastham as part of a deal to sign her latest novel The Warrior in the Mist (Sep 2017).
Ruth’s four books will be rereleased with all-new book covers over a six-month period, beginning with The Memory Cage.
We have copies of The Memory Cage by Ruth Eastham to give away – for your chance to win simply fill in the form below:
The Competition is closed.
Ruth Eastham’s debut novel, The Memory Cage won the 2012 Coventry Inspiration Book Award (7–11 category) and her second book The Messenger Bird won the 2013 Oldham Brilliant Book Award. Her third title, Arrowhead, was described as ‘absolutely breath-taking’ by Carnegie-Medal-winning author Kevin Crossley-Holland and her fourth book, The Jaguar Trials, was praised by Love Reading 4 Kids, which said it’s ‘a nail-biting read’.
Ruth joins Matt Dickinson and Sarah Mussi on Shrine Bell’s roster of children’s and YA authors.
The Memory Cage by Ruth Eastham (new edition), published on 1 June, 2017 by Shrine Bell, in paperback
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is July 7, 2017, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is 172, Winsley Road, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 1NY.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
You may also like
You might think, given we’re such a bookish crew, that being asked to supply 250 ......
The Bloody Red Baron continues Kim Newman’s alternate history series, following thirty years after the Great Terror of...
The Arthur C. Clarke Award is the most prestigious award for science fiction in Britain. ......