Article published on November 26, 2017.
This year, Book Week Scotland will launch its first-ever Virtual Festival to run alongside the nationwide activities and events. Taking place from 27 November to 3 December, the week will be packed with free, digital events that everyone can enjoy and take part in.
The events include:
- Watch crime writers Val McDermid, Stuart MacBride and Doug Johnstone play Cluedo.
- BBC Authors Live with Phil Earle.
- Cook-along videos inspired by Scottish literature.
- Live-streamed Poetry Slam programmed by Edinburgh City of Literature.
- Live Twitter Q&A with First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
- Facebook live-streaming event with Bernard MacLaverty.
- Vlogger Unboxing Game featuring Jean Menzies, Simon Savidge and Jen Campbell.
Book Week Scotland is now in its sixth year and is run by Scottish Book Trust, the national charity transforming lives through reading and writing. In addition to the virtual festival, hundreds of events and activities will take place all across the country, during the week.
You can find more information and the full festival programme here.
You may also like
There was a time when British crime-writing fans could shift from the gentle Agatha Christie-inspired ......