Article published on February 16, 2012.
Lies: we all tell them.
To protect those we love, to disguise failure, to hide disappointment. To mask betrayal, or deceit. But what happens when those lies start to catch up with us? When our lives begin to be shaped by the lies of others?
The late ‘noughties’. A global recession looms. A group of old friends, all leading outwardly successful, interesting lives. All in apparently loving, secure relationships. Yet all, in some way, lying to those closest to them, concealing secret worries, jealousies, desires. This group of friends is about to discover that the truth won’t stay buried for ever…
Welcome to the darker side of love.
To enter, simply read the extract and answer the question!
- The question: What does ‘BB’ stand for, according to Caroline’s friends?
Terms and conditions
1. Closing date for entries: 1st March 2012.
2. Open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
3. Entry to the competition is by completion of the above form only. Anyone submitting multiple entries will be disqualified.
4. The winners will be selected at random from those correct entries received before the closing date.
5. Only the winning entrants will be contacted by Bookdiva. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The winner’s name(s) may be published on the Bookdiva website after the closing date of the competition.
7. The competition is not open to Bookdiva employees and their families, or to employees of Bookdiva publishers and their families.
You may also like
- 07 OctBookDiva
Philippa Gregory talks about the chronology of her books gathered together in the new anthology, The Women of the Cousin...