Competition published on July 31, 2015.
One of the added bonuses of striking it rich, as in Fault in Our Stars-rich, is the realization that film folk with lots of money will soon be taking an interest in your back-catalogue with a view to making even more money. It’s no surprise then that John Green’s earlier novels are being retroactively turned into big-budget movies starting with Paper Towns (2008), soon to be followed by the author’s debut novel, Looking for Alaska (2005). Truly, the gears of the entertainment industry seem to mesh with ever more impressive precision and after The Fault in our Stars grossed a mind-blowing $300 million off a modest $14 million budget, you can kinda see where Fox is coming from. Bottom line? The Talented Mr Green is about to get even richer.
Paper Towns is a coming-of-age story centering on Quentin and his enigmatic neighbor Margo. Quentin Jacobsen has always loved Margo Roth Spiegelman, for Margo and her adventures are the stuff of legend at their high school. So when she one day climbs through his window and summons him on an all-night road trip of revenge he cannot help but follow. But the next day Margo doesn’t come to school and a week later she is still missing. Q soon learns that there are clues in her disappearance . . . and they are for him. But as he gets deeper into the mystery – culminating in another awesome road trip across America – he becomes less sure of who and what he is looking for.
Now showing at a cinema near you, Paper Towns features an impressive cast of bright young things including Nat Wolff (Quentin), Cara Delevingne (Margo), Halston Sage (Lacey), Austin Abrams (Ben), Jaz Sinclair (Angela), and Justice Smith (Marcus). The Young Adult juggernaut drives on and John Green, it seems, is up there sharing the cabin with Stephanie Meyer
Bert Wright, Editor – The Nudge List
Watch a trailer of the film
Paper Towns by John Green is published by Bloomsbury Children’s Books in paperback on 19th May
Paper Towns is released in UK cinemas on 17th August (c) Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
We have 3 copies of the book to give away!
To win, simply fill in the form below:
The Competition is closed.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is August 31, 2015, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, Studio 20, Glove Factory Studios, Brook Lane, Holt, Wilts, BA14 6RL, UK after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is Studio 20, Glove Factory Studios, Brook Lane, Holt, Wilts, BA14 6RL, UK.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
You may also like
- 25 FebBookHugger
As a long-standing fan of Nancy Mitford’s work I was intrigued by The Mad Boy, ...