Competition published on October 16, 2015.
A tense domestic thriller where nothing is as it seems, Savage Lane is a searing satire on suburban life, and a raw meditation on obsessive love.
We have 3 copies to give away – scroll down for your chance to win!
This BookNoir pick first came to our attention when reviewer Elizabeth Moffat told us it was one of the most unique things she had read so far this year…
I’m not actually familiar with any of the author’s work but now I’ve read this novel, I’ll definitely be checking out more from Jason Starr. There are a number of surprises and twists in the plot that made me unsure where he was taking the story but I thoroughly enjoyed everything that happened. We have a number of major and minor characters that make the plot-line interesting and made reading just that little bit further on hard to resist. I can’t really say if there was a main character, the reader sees the story from various perspectives – the first, beautiful Karen Daily who has two children and is divorced but is trying to get her dating life back on track, even if she has to kiss a few frogs in the process. She is close friends with a man called Mark Berman who is married himself but has found himself becoming completely obsessed with Karen as his marriage begins to deteriorate from the inside. The only problem with this is that she does not reciprocate his feelings… cue potential awkward moments? Yes, this novel has them in abundance. Furthermore, life for Karen on Savage Lane is about to get a hell of a lot darker.
Read Elizabeth’s review in full here.
Jason will be discussing domestic thrillers and crime fiction with Melanie McGrath (The Bone Seeker) and Laura Wilson (Stratton’s War) in an event hosted by Barry Forshaw, one of the UK’s leading experts on crime fiction and film, at Waterstones Piccadilly, on 28th October, 7pm. Free to attend but please RSVP by email: Piccadilly@waterstones.com
Reviewer Elizabeth will also be interviewing Jason this month and we’re looking forward to sharing what she finds out here on BookNoir – coming soon!
About the author
Jason Starr is the internationally bestselling author of many crime novels and thrillers and his books have been published in over a dozen languages. His work, which appears in comics for Marvel, DC, Vertigo and Boom! Studios, has featured Wolverine, The Punisher and Batman, among others. Many of his books, including Lights Out, Cold Caller, Tough Luck, Twisted City and The Follower, are in development for film and TV; Jason’s original novel Ant-Man: Natural Enemy, has been published by Marvel and the movie Ant-Man, starring Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas, was in cinemas July 2015. Starr’s crime novels include Cold Caller, Nothing Personal, Fake ID, Hard Feelings, Tough Luck and Twisted City. His more recent novels Lights Out, The Follower and Panic Attack will be published by No Exit Press in 2016. Jason Starr was born in Brooklyn and lives in Manhattan.
We have 3 copies to give away!
Simply fill in the form below for your chance to win:
The Competition is closed.
Savage Lane by Jason Starr, published by No Exit Press on 22 October, 2015 at £6.99
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is November 13, 2015, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, Studio 20, Glove Factory Studios, Brook Lane, Holt, Wilts, BA14 6RL, UK after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is Studio 20, Glove Factory Studios, Brook Lane, Holt, Wilts, BA14 6RL, UK.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
You may also like
- 31 JulBookNoir
These two crime thrillers were originally published nearly fifty years ago, so are they relevant ......