Article published on December 21, 2015.
- Who gets a new sentry box for Christmas?
a) Uncle Toby in Tristram Shandy
- Who makes “violent love” to a Jane Austen heroine late on Christmas Eve?
c) Mr Elton
- Who is banished to the attic on Christmas Day?
- Who sets sail on Christmas Day?
b) Ishmael in Moby-Dick
- Who dreads the call for pork pie on Christmas Day?
a) Pip in Great Expectations
- Who shoots a man at a Christmas Eve party?
b) William Boldwood in Far from the Madding Crowd
- In which of these does someone tell an eerie story on Christmas Eve?
c) The Turn of the Screw
- Which play begins with the delivery of a Christmas tree?
c) Ibsen’s A Doll’s House
- Which work describes a Christmas party where a husband finds out that his wife loved another man?
a) “The Dead” by James Joyce
- Who beheads a man at a New Year’s Eve party?
b) Sir Gawain in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
HMR: Lost Souls and The Resurrectionists by Michael Collins
Last Bus to Coffeeville by J Paul Henderson
You may also like
- 08 JunBookChap
Gwil saves the life of a young girl who has been brutally raped and left ...
- 20 May
Do You Speak Football?: A Glossary of Football Words and Phrases from Around the World by Tom WilliamsReview on BookChap
Do you speak football? I thought I did. Tom Williams has come up with a ...