Article published on December 22, 2015.
- Which Italian novel for children has been adapted in over 240 languages
The adventures of Pinocchio
- In a famous novel, who has a mother called Duchess
- Which book is the first in the series and followed by Petals on the Wind
Flowers in the Attic
- The Curse of Capistrano, a 1919 story by Johnston McCulley is the first work to feature which
- Jeffery Archer was made a life peer in 1992 as Baron Archer of which seaside town
- Who was the rector of Eversley, Hampshire from 1847 to 1875
Charles Kingsley (Water Babies)
- Which book had to be owned by every member of his country’s adult population?
Chairman Mao’s Little Red Book
- In literature which 1719 book was gained wide acceptance as ‘the first English novel’
- What do all the following writers have in common Hans Christian Anderson, John Irving,
Agatha Christie, W B Yeats and Terry Goodkind
They are all dyslexic
- Which word did Sheikh Din Muhammad, the first Indian to publish a book in English, introduce
to the English language?
WHAT WE ARE READING: Going off Alarming by Danny Baker
HMR: This Perfect Day by Ira Levin
You may also like
- 07 OctBookDiva
Philippa Gregory talks about the chronology of her books gathered together in the new anthology, The Women of the Cousin...