Competition published on June 2, 2017.
When a sniper leaves Ben Hope’s friend fighting for his life, the former SAS major declares war on the men responsible. But what begins as a straightforward revenge mission gets complicated when a mysterious letter reveals Ben to be the real target.
And his isn’t the only name on a crazed killer’s list.
Professor Anna Manzini has no idea she’s in grave danger from a man she’d thought dead. She’s on the cusp of a major discovery: the location of the lost Babylon idol, a golden statue of immeasurable value.
But when word of Anna’s work reaches her enemies, it sets off a cat-and-mouse chase that will lead Ben and Anna halfway across Europe and into the heart of war-torn Syria.
To reach the precious idol first, Ben must keep one step ahead of a powerful maniac. If he fails, it won’t just be Ben and Anna’s lives in danger, but the world.
**We have 5 copies of The Babylon Idol by Scott Mariani to give away – scroll down for your chance to win!**
“The Ben Hope series of books are fast paced and very exciting, and this was no exception, I devoured it in 24 hours! Having narrowly escaped from his last mission, Ben is thrown headfirst into a new adventure. He receives a letter from an Italian jail warning him that a despised enemy is determined to seek vengeance on all of those who destroyed his plans many years previously. And so begins a dangerous cat and mouse chase across Europe, as Ben tries to save all of those on the list who were involved, especially Prof. Anna Manzini, and stop the enemy finding the precious Babylon Idol, which Anna has discovered.
This is the fifteenth Ben Hope book in the series, and Scott Mariani has a way of drawing you in and totally engaging you with the character and the adventure. I seem to be swept away into another world by these books, and find them impossible to put down once I start. For me this is the sign of a good author. If this is your first Ben Hope book, it is easy to read as a stand alone but I would advise going back and reading the series from the start, as that way you can build up a better picture of Ben’s history and all that he has been through. You will not be disappointed.”
We have 5 copies of the book to give away – for your chance to win simply fill in the form below:
The Competition is closed.
About the author
Scott Mariani is the author of the internationally acclaimed action-adventure thriller series featuring ex-SAS hero Ben Hope. Scott’s novels have topped the bestseller charts in his native Britain and are translated into over twenty languages worldwide.
Find out more www.scottmariani.com
The Babylon Idol by Scott Mariani, published on 4 May, 2017 by Avon, in paperback
Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering a Nudge competition you are confirming that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be: (a) resident in the UK or the Republic or Ireland; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of AMS Digital Publishing Limited.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you want to enter a competition you must enter via the website on the applicable competition page.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly and whose tie-break answer is selected to be the best of the entries by the judges.
- The closing date for this competition is July 7, 2017, and Nudge reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to AMS Digital Publishing, Studio 20, Glove Factory Studios, Brook Lane, Holt, Wilts, BA14 6RL, UK after the closing date.
- By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Nudge may require.
- The panel of judges for each competition (if applicable) will be comprised of members of the Nudge editorial team.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- This competition is being run by AMS Digital Publishing Limited, whose registered office address is Studio 20, Glove Factory Studios, Brook Lane, Holt, Wilts, BA14 6RL, UK.
- Nudge reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- Nudge will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
Author meets Reviewer: Martin Gurdon meets Paul Cheney
Churchill & Orwell: The Fight for Freedom by Thomas E. Ricks
You may also like
- 10 JunBookChap
Cityboy is back! Geraint Anderson, the bestselling author of Cityboy, which sold over 200,000 copies, returns with an ex...
- 17 FebBookChap
This excellent introduction to the history of crime, policing and penal policy has arisen from ......
- 01 JulBookChap
John Kenney has worked as a copywriter in New York City for seventeen years and ...
- 26 MarBookChap
Thanks Reg! It’s interesting that you mention the factual accuracy – or lack of it – ......